GAF ShinglesWrite a review of GAF shingles
Read Reviews of GAF Shingles
GAF sells 15 types of shingles ranging in quality, price, and composition.
Some brand names they feature are Sentinel®, Timberline®, Camelot™, Grand Canyon™, Royal Sovereign®, Stateline®, Grand SLATE™, Grand Sequoia®, Country Mansion®, Country Estate™, and Marquis®.
Various shingles are laminated, have the appearance of a slate roof, look like wood shakes, or are dimensional, meaning they give a shadowed appearance.
GAF Materials Corporation (GAFMC) was founded in 1886 and is now one of North America's largest roofing product manufacturers. In 2007, GAF merged with Elk, although the new company will continue to market both brands of shingles. Corporate headquarters are located in Wayne, NJ.
GAF shingles are covered by warranties that depend on the quality of the shingle. The more highly rated the shingle, the higher the level of coverage.
The areas covered by the warranties are:
- Materials delivered defect-free from manufacturer and installed per their recommendations; coverage varies from five to 50 years
- Entire roofing system is covered under two most extensive plans
- Installation labor for replacement shingles varies from 5 years to lifetime, depending on the length of time the shingle itself is guaranteed for
- Workmanship is guaranteed for 12 years maximum; under basic warranty, no coverage is provided
- 40-point factory inspection offered under highest warranty
- Warranty is transferable under all plans.
The top GAF warranty is called the "Golden Pledge" and is applicable to all GAF "Lifetime" shingles.
Are you looking for reputable roofing contractors? The Roofery has partnered with a number of companies that provide free roofing quotes from pre-screened, licensed and insured roofers. Try it now! It's quick, easy and free!
Phone: (973) 628-3000
1361 Alps Road
Wayne, New Jersey 07470